top of page

Additional Instructions For 2021

Please send in:

  • Copy of last year’s Federal and State tax return- NEW CLIENTS ONLY

  • All W-2s, 1099s, and a list of any other income (source and amount; when in doubt, list it)

  • Forms 1099-R (Detail of Retirement withdrawals in 2021)

  • Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV (Interest and Dividends)

  • Form 1099-B (Sales of stocks and other investments)

  • Information On Crypto Currency Transactions

  • A list of all rental property owned during 2021 (description, date acquired, date, description, and cost of improvements to the property, and the detail of income and expenses related to it)

    • A list of all sales of rental property in 2021 (description, purchase price, date acquired, description, and description, cost and date of all improvements to the property, date sold, and selling price)

  • A list of income and expenses of businesses that you own (For preparation of a Schedule C) Partnership income and a description of the partnership in which you are a partner Pensions, trust income, and royalties received.

    • You may ask for our Business Income/Loss Spreadsheet or use the Online Form

  • Any Alimony received and/or paid

  • Tax refunds received in 2021; list also tax due and paid with the 2021 tax return

  • Farm income or loss

  • Unemployment compensation (Form 1099-G)

  • Social Security benefits received in 2021 (Form SSA-1099)

  • Total Amounts Received As A Moving Expense Reimbursement

  • List of any other income that you do not have a form (source and amount; when in doubt, list it)

A list of all possible dependents, relationship to you, their ages, whether attending school full-time

For Deductions, please list the following:

  • Medical and Dental expenses (We will send you a separate form for this)

  • Taxes you paid (Property tax is the big one)

  • Interest you Paid (Mortgage is the big one; Please provide form 1098)

  • Charitable donations (We will send you a separate form for this).

  • Unreimbursed Job Expenses (travel, union dues, uniforms, education, detail of use of your vehicle for business purposed, etc.). 


  • Investment fees  

Miscellaneous adjustments and deductions to / from income, tax and credits:

  • Penalty of early withdrawal of savings

  • IRA deduction

  • Form 1098-E (Detail of student loan interest paid in 2021)

  • Jury duty pay given to your employer (who continued your regular paycheck)

  • Detail of child and dependent care expenses (Provide a Year End Child Care Statement)

  • Detail of care of elderly and disabled dependents

  • College Related Expenses (Form 1098-T)

Other detail that may reduce your taxes:

  • Self employed health insurance premiums

  • Self Employed Pensions, Solo 401(k) plans (Self Employed People ONLY), and KEOGH Plans


  • Bursar Statement or Student Account Statement that shows a billing and payment history for the entire year of 2020.  You may also include form 1098-T.


bottom of page